Thursday, March 29, 2012

It makes the package even more special!

I love love love packaging! I have for as long as I can remember and that is why I specialized in it when I was at Portfolio Center. My packaging idol was always Louise Fili. Complete genius! I even got to meet her when she came to the school for a seminar and that drove my admiration even deeper. After leaving school, I worked for the packaging department of a promotional advertising agency and that led me to promotions, which I kept with until I opened my own small shop. Any graphic designer with a little one man operation in a small city can tell you, specialization is a challenge (especially if you want to eat!) So, packaging didn't become my bread and butter as I hoped it would but I have used my knowledge for the other small businesses I have created. 

I was blessed to have a large amount of beautiful boxes land in my studio as a gift and that got my creative juices flowing for a new label. It coincides with a redesign that was already planned for the new shop name and here is the result! I hope you like the mix of whimsy and rustic elegance that I think is part of all of my pieces. I would love to hear what you think of the new packaging and my new banner!!! Check it here: This Little Pigment with a new avatar to correspond. Please leave me a comment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment