Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hello Spring! What should I wear today?


This is one of my newest pendants and I am really in love. The medium is a lot of fun to work with for a couple of reasons. First, I have always been drawn to strong graphic art. Although my paintings are not generally like this, I really like it, especially for something like jewelry. The glass paint actually makes it difficult to paint any other way than in a strong graphic voice. Second, I love the discovery that comes from each new piece of plate. The shapes that are made randomly from the plate breaking add a sense of mystery and predestined fate for each piece, giving each piece a real personality all it's own. As these pieces get sold, I anticipate selling new ones in the same design, but with the understanding that the shape may vary. I hope that will make the pendants a discovery for my clients as well! To view this pendant and others, go here for my Etsy shop, or here for my Andie Freeman studio shop. To learn more about me and my process, visit here.

One more for you to check out... to see the Octopus Arms Pendant, go to This Little Pigment or to Andie Freeman Fine Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment