Wednesday, June 27, 2012

True Confessions

 Ok, here it is folks, therapy time and true confessions. I picked up my oil brushes again this morning. Yes, the ugly truth is that I have not painted in oils since last October. Yikes. I said it.

So, I started working on my necklaces, and some new identities, and work for the church and of course the normal mom around town stuff and before you knew it, I wasn't painting in oils.

And each day I got further away from it. And then it got scary, and my brushes started to harden. My palette was a mess. I had a million excuses, but the real truth is I was afraid. 

So, after weeks, and months of thinking and making excuses, I finally got it together.  I am reading a great book titled "Quitter" by Jon Acuff that was lent to me. It is about the balance between your day job and your dream job. I will write about it when I finish it this summer. It has helped me get my you know what together. Thank God. So, I started today by re-visiting works that were started but not finished. The first is a study for another painting of chickens, the other was painted plein air in Bluffton on a crazy hot summer day last July. I will be in Hilton Head again soon, painting outside and I can't wait to get back to the discipline that I had been practicing last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment